Road Map Update: May 18th
It's almost here...the day we've all been waiting for...the day when you can drink a pint IN A PUB!
It's been a long time coming, and we have to say a huge "thank you" to everyone who has come to buy takeaway beer or braved the elements for an outdoor pint - as always, your support means the world to us!
So what does this next stage mean for Olaf's? Well, most importantly, it means that from Tuesday 18th May you'll be able to come on inside for your drinks! But, as with everything at the moment, there are guidelines that we have to follow...
- "Rule of Six" will still apply - please respect this, and don't arrive in a group larger than 6 - we will not be able to seat you.
- social distancing measures will still be in place - tables will be positioned to adhere to the 1m+ rule, and we ask that you don't move any furniture
- we will still have to track and trace you - if you have the NHS Test & Trace app on your phone, then you can simply scan the QR code - if not, we can take your information manually. This must be done every time you visit the pub (so downloading the app really does speed this up!)
- it will still be table service only, you won't be able to order at the bar, we have to come to you
- you'll still be required to wear a mask when not seated. You will also be required to wear a mask when collecting takeaway. You are still required to wear a mask even if you have been fully vaccinated.
We will not be taking reservations for tables from May 18th onward - we did take a few bookings before we decided this, so if you have booked, don't worry, your table is secure. Tables will be on a first come, first serve basis, but you can always give us a call to see if we have any availability - if you're about to head out the door, call Olaf's on 02380 447887 and if we've got availability we will reserve this for no more than 20 minutes.
If we don't have any free tables, you can still grab some beer/wine/cider to takeaway (takeaway is something that will always be available).
As for the rest of this week, it's still "al fresco" drinks so do get in touch to book your table. We're on our little holiday right now, but back open from Friday 14th May from midday, so pop us a message on Facebook to reserve your table.
We are currently in the process of refurbing the toilets, so there may be building work going on, but that won't affect our offering (we might just be short a toilet!).
Thanks again for all your support, and we can't wait to welcome you back inside!
Rob, Maz, Alfie & Monty.