Road Map Update: April 13th
YAY! WE'VE GOT OUTDOOR SEATING!
From April 13th we will be open for takeaway drinks, and we’ll have (very) limited outside seating so you can enjoy an actual pint!
Like everything at Olaf’s, the outside seating space is very small, allowing us to have 2 tables - one for a maximum 3 people, and the other for a maximum of 5 people. We do not have the ability to provide cover for the tables so if the weather is bad there is, unfortunately, nothing that we can do. As before, we will be booking these tables out in 90 minute slots. If it is not booked after you, you are welcome to stay on, but ask that you are considerate of other people who’d like to enjoy a drink at Olaf’s Tun. We ask that if you are running late for any reason you give us a shout so we know that you are still coming - if you’re more than 15 minutes late for your booking, and we haven’t heard from you, we may give your table away.
To book, you can get in touch via Facebook messenger or a direct message on Instagram, or by using the “contact us” form on our website. Let us know the date and time you would like to book for, as well as for how many people. Your table won’t be booked until you receive confirmation from us so keep an eye out for this!
Pubs and restaurants will still be required to operate a “track and trace” and collect contact names and numbers for all customers drinking “in”, so if you are able to provide this information when booking, that will speed that process up. We know this is a bit of a pain, but it is currently a legal requirement for us.
As per government guidelines, we will still have to operate with table service only, so you won’t be able to come up to the bar to order your drink. Social distancing is still in place, and you will be required to wear a mask when you are not sat down (ie. when using the bathroom). You will also be required to wear a mask if visiting us to buy drinks to take away.
Opening as a bottle shop means that we will no longer be able to run our delivery service. Delivery will still be available, but only by arrangement with Rob directly. To those of you that have ordered delivery from us whilst we’ve been in lockdown, we cannot thank you enough! Your support has gotten us through our first difficult months and we literally would not be here without you buying beer, cider and wine from us.
Our last delivery day will be Saturday 10th April (12pm-9pm as usual) and we will be closed on Sunday 11th April and Monday 12th April. We will be taking the website down on these days.
TL;DR bullet points
- We will be open for takeaway with outdoor seating from Tuesday April 13th.
- Our last delivery day is Saturday 10th April (after this delivery will be by arrangement with Rob only).
- You can book your table by sending us a Facebook or Instagram message, or via the “contact us” form on our website.
- Tables will be booked in 90 minute slots.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your table and we haven’t heard from you, we may give your table away.
- Opening hours can be found on our website and on our Facebook page.
- Track and trace will still be in operation; social distancing measures will still be in place; you will still need to wear a mask when you are not sat down.